KPN Group, Belgium, previously BASE, with a turnover of ~$800 million in 2011, is the 3rd Mobile Operator in Belgium and offers GSM, EDGE, GPRS and 3G services to its customers. KPN Group, has deployed and operates its own radio, core and IT infrastructure for its customers and has been a pioneer in developing a robust MVNO business via a segmented, multi-brand approach. XrossFire team members helped:
- Project Managed a fully redundant, MPLS dual ring multiservice backbone carrying both Signalling and Data to replace the legacy IP Network.
- Managed engineer/architect team for evolution of Cisco based IP Backbone, Mobile Packet Core Networks (Ericsson SGSN/GGSN/APNs), Security systems including Cisco/Nokia Firewalls and corporate LAN network including VoIP/IPT.
- Issued special CTO report reviewing performance of BASEs Radio, Core (Ericsson equipment 2G/2.5G & 3G), Transmission and IT Networks.
- Project Managed improvements in the delivery of E2E Data Products and Services offered by KPN Group to retail, wholesale, MVNO, M2M, B2B customers.
- Project Managed review of E2E Data Architecture (Packet Core, Signalling and IT domain) and developed architectural solutions for Data Network projected increase in usage.