Antony is a lawyer admitted to practice law in Australia (New South Wales) and the Hong Kong SAR. His primary legal disciplines are governance, regulatory and transactional work.
In addition to his legal practice Antony is an experienced business manager having served as a director, managing director and chairman with various companies, private and publicly listed.
Since 1993 Antony has dedicated himself to serving clients engaged in the communication and media sectors. Resident in Hong Kong between 1995 and 2001 he served government and private clients throughout Asia. Resident in London between 2002 and 2005 Antony served government and private clients throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. Since 2006 Antony has lived in Sydney mainly serving clients within Australia and Asia.
Antony has developed a deep knowledge and a diverse array of skills and disciplines tailored to communications and media markets. These attributes include:
• an ability to shape strategic thinking – illustrated by his work with public sector entities such as the Infocom Development Authority of Singapore, the Media Development Authority of Singapore, the Ministry of Communications in Algeria, the Ministry of Communications in Samoa and the Department of Broadband, Communications and Digital Economy in Australia;
• achieving results – demonstrated by his establishment, and successful management, of legal practices in Asia for Deacons and Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP and his work for successful consortiums bidding for new telecom and media licences in markets such as Australia, India, Iraq, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Saudi Arabia;
• cultivating productive working relationships – proven by: his leadership of legal practices in Hong Kong and London and the co-ordination of those practices with other local and international practices; and his ability to negotiate and close various strategic partnerships and joint venture agreements amongst parties bidding for new telecom licences;
• communicating with influence – exemplified by: the frequent provision of formal and informal legal advice and opinions; negotiating agreements, arrangements and undertakings amongst multiple parties; the preparation of detailed submissions to public bodies; and the preparation and delivery of numerous speeches and presentations during his legal career; and
• an ability to lead diverse teams – illustrated by his leadership of multi-cultural and multi-disciplined teams in high profile projects in challenging circumstances such as the proposed privatization of Telecom Algeria.